Wednesday, July 29, 2015

Fish "Tacos"

Although my second attempt at a month of clean eating was not as successful as the first, I still try to be as compliant as possible.

If you don't count all of those margaritas and bowls of queso that I've recently consumed...

When I saw that the local grocer had recently started carrying raw jicama "tortillas" I just couldn't resist an opportunity to create Whole 30 tacos. Ladies and gentlemen, I present to you my squeaky clean, super delicious, feels like 'you're cheating' fish tacos.


What you'll need: 
1-2 filets of any fish of your choosing (I used pangasius because I always seem to have that in the freezer)
Olive Oil
2 Jicama tortillas, I use these.
Cabbage, shredded
Cherry tomatoes, halved or quartered (another ingredient that I always seem to have on hand)
1/2 Avocado, sliced
Cilantro, chopped
Lime, sliced

What to do:
Heat olive oil in a pan on medium heat
I rubbed both sides of the thawed filet with olive oil and seasoned with salt and pepper but you can season the fish how ever you'd like. 
Add the filet to the hot pan and cook both sides until crispy. This does not take long.
While the fish was crisping, I was shredding the cabbage. Shredding your own cabbage is so much better, but I don't blame you for buying it pre-shredded (but really, it's your loss.)
Remove the filet from the pan and set on a paper towel to cool. 
Chop the filet and add to raw jicama tortillas.
Top your tacos with shredded cabbage, tomato, cilantro, avocado, and a squeeze of lime juice. 

Eat.

..Then make two more...because they literally takes less than 10 minutes to make. 


No Comments Yet, Leave Yours!