Sunday, August 16, 2015

Twenty Five, Lately.

Twenty five felt different than any other birthday. Maybe because I was staring up at the most perfect sky in Bali on the side of Mount Batur when I made the transition from "twenty four." Or maybe because I finally feel like I am present, like I'm exactly where I need to be and I'm doing exactly what I need to be doing. I want my life to be full of adventure, and passion, and contentment. And I'm at a place in my life where I can make all of that a reality.

I'm raking in the frequent flyer miles this year. Portland in a few weeks, New Zealand in a few months, and endless possibilities beyond that. Travel has become my biggest priority and I would spend every last dime that I've ever earned if it meant seeing the world.

I'm working too much. But it needs to be done. Not only to finance my travel expenses, but also to pay for my out-of-state tuition for my bachelor's degree. Putting myself through school has been pretty rewarding, considering I really had to push myself to enroll. I'm finishing up my second session with a 4.0 GPA. And damn, it feels good.

Another expense was my enrollment in a yoga teacher training program through my favorite studio. I start my 10 week training after I return from Portland. Needless to say, I'm going to be a busy girl this fall.

I feel as if a lot of doors are about to start opening for me. And I'm ready to take some chances. Because twenty five seems like the perfect time to do so.

Stay tuned, sweet peas.

No Comments Yet, Leave Yours!