Sunday, March 22, 2015

Carrot Ginger Soup

After three weeks of being off the Whole 30 wagon, I was feeling a little guilty about the beer and pastry intake that had occurred. So this weekend I reverted to my clean eating ways. Last night was a cold and rainy one and soup was on my brain.
Queue this Carrot Ginger Soup...it's sweet, it's spicy, and look at how pretty it is.



What you'll need:
Olive Oil
1 Yellow Onion
Minced Garlic, equal to 4 Cloves
Fresh Ginger
2 lbs Carrots
4 Cups Unsalted Vegetable Stock
Cilantro

How to do it:
Add olive oil (a few tablespoons) and onion to a large pot. Cook until transparent. Add minced garlic and ginger. At first I added about a tablespoon sized chunk of ginger, then I added more. 
Peel and chop carrots.
Add carrots and vegetable stock to the pot and bring to a boil. Cook on high heat for about 15-20 minutes (or until carrots are tender), stirring occasionally. 
Transfer to blender and puree until smooth. 
Garnish with cilantro and serve. 

No Comments Yet, Leave Yours!