Sunday, February 21, 2016

Leaving on a Jet Plane.

Only a few days stand between me and my next adventure. I've taken nearly an entire month off of work to turn off all of my alarms, scrap all of my daily routines, and clear my entire schedule. I'm headed towards Thailand with a suitcase full of books, empty journals, and yoga pants to absolutely indulge in a true blue v.a.c.a.t.i.o.n.
I've been working painfully long work weeks to make up for the days my PTO wouldn't cover while I disappear. Miraculously, the last few days there, I was unexpectedly cut loose early and able to enjoy a taste Austin's early Spring! It's already patio weather here and I was fortunate enough to spend a handful of days basking in it! Nothing feels better than skipping out into the sunlight after freezing your tail off in a cold, sterile surrounding. After my last shift, it took every bit of self control not to click my heels together and squeal, "I'm free!" right there in the hospital lobby.

That afternoon, I was laying on my bed, buzzed from a few unplanned margaritas, when I realized something. After considering the beautiful and supportive people in my life, the incredible things I've been fortunate enough to experience, and all of the love and happiness that I've been able to cultivate, I realized that I really am the luckiest girl I know. And I began to cry...

.... and laugh. I tucked my knees to my chest and gave myself a serious hug, rocking side to side, rolling around my bed in my own blissful delirium. I don't know if I've ever felt as happy as I did in that very moment. And ever since, I've been walking on clouds.

My pulse quickens every time I think about Thailand. We leave the day after tomorrow. Which, to me, sounds a lot sooner than "Tuesday."  We have nothing scheduled other than check-in time at our hostel. I'd like to promise that I'll share my experiences in posts to come, but there's just no telling.

I'm leaving with an open heart, and open mind, and an intense hunger for discovery. I'll check in soon, sweethearts.

No Comments Yet, Leave Yours!